Ankita brings eight years of experience in a range of project types, including public streetscapes, master planning for mixed-use developments, playgrounds, residential courtyards, green infrastructure guidelines, climate resilience studies, urban design, and resort and hotel landscapes. She has worked at multiple scales on different phases from planning to implementation.
With an architecture, landscape and urban design background, Ankita has a strong interest in understanding the relationship between open space and the built environment, and how landscape interventions tie back into the city fabric. At Starr Whitehouse, she has been involved with landscape designs for affordable housing in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan, as well as fitness parks, playgrounds, sports facilities, NYCHA infill campus designs and school yards.
She received her Bachelors in Architecture from the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi and her Master’s in Landscape Urbanism from the Architectural Association, London.
- Freshkills South Park, Staten Island, NY
- Compass Residences Affordable Housing, Bronx, NY
- Greenpoint Hospital Redevelopment, Brooklyn, NY
- Phipps Apex Place, Queens, NY
- StuyTown Fitness Park, New York, NY
- NextGeneration Holmes Towers, New York, NY
- Bellevue Hospital, New York, NY
- NYCSCA 375Q Public Shool Playground, Queens, NY
- Governor’s Island, New York, NY
- Story Avenue Apartments, Bronx, NY
- Phipps Lambert Houses, Bronx, New York
- Ulster County Greenway, NY*
- Hudson Valley Watershed Management, NY*
- South Hudariyat Streetscape Development, Abu Dhabi*
- IGI International Airport, Delhi*
- Wave City Center, Noida, India*
* Work completed prior to joining Starr Whitehouse