Joanna is a landscape designer with a master’s degree in landscape architecture from Cracow University of Technology in Poland. She joins Starr Whitehouse with three years of international experience from The Netherlands and Ireland, where she worked on a wide range of projects, both landscape and urban design, at different stages from sketch and research through planning to design and implementation. Her experience working in two countries with different design cultures has made her a flexible designer that can easily drift between fast-paced design-build projects and ambitious, innovative studies and design developments.
Joanna’s experience working in different cities and countries has solidified her belief in the importance of unifying and engaging the community in building the landscapes of the future. She is particularly interested in researching and applying sustainable and innovative solutions that integrate design with nature and boost biodiversity.
- Harlem Greenway Link, New York, NY
- Greenpoint Hospital Redevelopment, Brooklyn, NY
- Overhoeks Residential Development in Amsterdam, The Netherlands*
- Stadshart Hoorn (City Beach), Hoorn, The Netherlands*
- Green Heart – design research, The Netherlands*
- Facebook Data Centre in Clonee, Ireland*
- Cherrywood Development – Parks and Residential, Dublin, Ireland*
* Work completed prior to joining Starr Whitehouse